- CCP Cray Valley, Jean Pierre Mouligné's 50 'Open,
launched in July 96, is conceived in mind of the 60 ' Open:
Speed and safety.
- She participates in Europe 97, Atlantique Alone
98, Around Alone 1998-99 races. (Around
Alone: solo round the world in 4 stages (former Boc Challenge
- This model results from our
experience of racing boats such as 60'Open,
and racing monotypes as the First Class and
- It distinguishes himself by
organization of the structure
[the hull and the deck were
made in infusion in Scrimp system, a
process of TPI] and
great use of the carbon.
||49 ' 12 "
||16 ' 24 "
||11 ' 48 "
- We conceived a new 50 ' open in mind of the 60 '
open such as Sceta Calberson, Christophe Auguin's
boat which won the B.O.C. Challenge cup 94-95.
- This model results also from the experience
- - of the previous 60'Open as
Superior, Groupe Sceta
- - of the reflections that we made
on the Yves Parlier's and
Isabelle Autissier's boats
- - of the racing monotypes as the
First-class, Figaro- bénéteau.
- This boat was conceived with the objective: security and
without other concession, the main words to
characterize our boats being:
shapes and weight to
carry easily the cloth
Stability of road to
walk easily under
- The lightness
of the boat leads to speed and easiness of operating,
because the tension on the sails is more
- The lightness is obtained by an organization of
the structure and a great use of the carbon:
mast, appendixes, deck, hull and structure.
- For the hull, the bottom of the
boat is in monolithique with longitudinal
ribbands in order well to resist to the shocks
and have a great longevity.
- The topsides of the hull and the deck are in
- The application of the laminate is made with the
method by infusion under empty, Scrimp system (TPI process).
- Frames and transverse deck beams structure the
hull. This reinforcement is strengthened by 2 big
ribbands on the bottom, walls of water ballast
and 4 waterproof partitions.
- The water ballast, placed at
most outside, limits stationary the list at 10°
as the rule stipulates it.
- The ballast fin is in carbon of
intermediary and high resistance module. It
carries a lead bulb.
- Two rudders with locks in carbon
of intermediary of high resistance T800 module,
allow to steer effectively the boat.
- The rigging is the most simple
- - carbon mast
- - hooked on the plating shrouds
- - without overlapping genoa
- - a solent with reef
- - an asymmetric or symmetric spinnaker
following the choice.
All the operations, reef and halyards included, are
brought back to the cockpit.
Plastics- PR Planner No.39-60 12xy - 4,000-
Boat Builder- Déc/Janv 97
- CARBONICS- Goetz
marine technology product bulletin- Number 9
- La lettre des
plastiques Hebdo- 2 juin 1997
- http://www.sailingworld.com/swnews/moul2eur.htm (lien
brisé): Jean Paul Mouligné sets sail for France to compete
in Round Europe Race.
Around Alone 98-99 : CCP CRAY VALLEY is
1-st in her class with 6 days beforehand on the 2-nd
Magellan, with a total time of 132j , 4h , 3 ', 12 ".
JP Mouligné established the new speed
record on mono 50 ' in 24h: 333,6 miles.
Transat Jacques Vabre 2001,
Setrabio (ex CCP) arrives 3rd
steered by Eric Denamiel and Jean Pierre Amblard
Route du Rhum 2002, Ashfield
Healthcare (ex Setrabio) arrives
1st steered by Nick Moloney
Photo Billy Black, arrived at Charleston
- Besides of
the solidity, we are looking for an easy control,
for a light tiller, for easy sails to maneuver.
[ Scrimp system][ Enlarged photos ( Billy Black )]